1. PALATABLE (ADJECTIVE): (सुहावना): pleasant
Synonyms: acceptable, satisfactory
A device that made increased taxation more palatable.
2. CONVINCE (VERB): (विश्वास दिलाना): persuade
Synonyms: satisfy, prove to
Raj’s expression had obviously convinced her of his innocence.
3. RESTRICT (VERB): (प्रतिबंधित करना): limit
Synonyms: control, regulate
Antonyms: set free
Some roads may have to be closed at peak times to restrict the number of visitors.
4. DISTRESS (NOUN): (पीड़ा): anguish
Synonyms: suffering, pain
To his distress he saw that she was trembling.
5. COMMOTION (NOUN): (हलचल): disturbance
Synonyms: racket, uproar
She was distracted by a commotion across the street.
6. MISERY (NOUN): (दुर्गति): hardship
Synonyms: suffering, affliction
A man who had brought her nothing but misery.
7. ADRIFT (ADJECTIVE): (डाँवाँडोल): drifting
Synonyms: unmoored, unanchored
A cargo ship went adrift.
8. CONTENT (ADJECTIVE): (संतुष्ट): contented
Synonyms: satisfied pleased
He seemed more content, less bitter.
9. RIDICULE (NOUN): (उपहास): mockery
Synonyms: derision, scorn
He is held up as an object of ridicule.
10. MAESTRO (NOUN): (माहिर): virtuoso
Synonyms: master, expert
A Vietnam vet turned movie maestro.